Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Field Service Technician II - Security Systems Service - Auburndale, MA
Company Siemens Infrastructure and Cities
Division IC - BT - Fire Safety & Security
Functional Area FS - Field Service
Location MA - Auburndale
Req ID 122395 Job Type Regular
Job Time Full-Time
Experience Level Mid Level
Required Education Associates Degree or equivalent experience
Required Travel 10%
The Siemens Infrastructure & Cities (IC) Sector is focused on providing answers that last for America’s aging urban infrastructure by offering solutions to make cities of all sizes more sustainable and competitive. With more than 18,000 employees spanning across the U.S., Canada, and Meso-America, the IC Sector is comprised of five divisions: Building Technologies, Low and Medium Voltage, Mobility and Logistics, Rail Systems and Smart Grid. The IC portfolio includes complete traffic and transportation systems, intelligent logistics, efficient energy supply and environmentally compatible building technologies. Siemens also provides ways to modernize the way power is transmitted and distributed to enhance the smart consumption of energy. For more information on the Infrastructure & Cities sector, visit http://www.usa.siemens.com/infrastructure-cities/.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or military status.
The Field Service Technician II provides technical service to customer Security and CCTV systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
• Coordinates with contractors in the process of installation of systems sold by a branch office.
• Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
• Conducts testing and inspects systems under maintenance agreements.
• Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
• Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
• Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner.
• Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues.
• Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
• Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material.
• Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• A.S. degree in Electronics or related field, or equivalent experience in the installation and maintenance of low voltage electronic systems.
• Two to three years in the installation and maintenance of Security Products required. Strong customer service skills.
• Good verbal and written communications skills.
• Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
• Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
• Must have valid state drivers license and Massachusetts D & S Licenses.