Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
>Nursing Jobs>Boston Nursing JobsNursing
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is a nationally renowned academic medical center that hosts three quarter of a million patient visits each year. As a major teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School, we are Boston’s home to unmatched clinical expertise, breakthrough research and exceptional teaching. Every talented nurse has a different perception of how to make a good Nursing Department a great one. And at BIDMC, we listen to them all. After all, with an award-winning nursing staff such as ours, it's hard not to. It's a team approach, that emphasizes remarkable expertise, innovative technology and compassionate care.Nursingopportunities are available to you in many specialty areas. Join us and define what aNursingcareer at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is to you.
Apply HereJob Description
Administrative Clinical Supervisor (RN)Job Location:Boston, MA
Employment Status:Per Diem
The Administrative Clinical Supervisor (ACS) is the on-site senior administrative/clinical person for the Medical Center during non-business hours.
Job Summary:The Administrative Clinical Supervisor (ACS) is the on-site senior administrative/clinical person for the Medical Center during non-business hours. The ACS works in collaboration with staff, departmental leaders, and the Administrator on Call (AOC) to respond to administrative issues and ensure implementation of policies and procedures.
* Facilitates patient throughput by assessing and addressing local unit needs and the allocation of resources including staff and materials. Leads response to Code Help policy in collaboration with Admission Facilitator, Patient Access Services, and Emergency Department. In absence of Admission Facilitator, directs bed utilization.
* Provides clinical consultation, support, education and mentoring to clinical staff. Assists with the communication and interpretation of changes in clinical practice, including the implementation of policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
* Responds to immediate staff performance issues, including identification and release from duty of any personnel who are not fit for duty. Participates in the evaluation of staff as requested by the nurse manager.
* Rounds on the clinical units to assess and address patient care unit level of acuity, staff, physician concerns and patient and family issues. Responds to patient complaints by documenting intervention and outcomes. Utilizes internal department structure for follow-up with patient complaint.
* Responds to all patient care emergencies. Utilizes patient care emergency response as an opportunity to educate staff on emergency response standards.
* Associate's degree required in Nursing. Bachelor's degree preferred in Nursing
* License required: Nursing License,Certificate 1 required: Basic Life Support,Certificate 2 required: Advanced Cardiac Life Support
* 5-8 years related work experience required.
* American Heart Association - Basic Life Support Certificate
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Previous supervisory skills.
* Written Communications:Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
* Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
* Team Work:Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
* Customer Service:Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.