Laboratory Jobs>Boston Laboratory JobsLaboratory
As members of one of the largest and busiest labs in Boston, our technologists are exposed to the widest array of testing in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. At BIDMC, you’ll find a rewardingLaboratorycareer working within highly automated, state-of-the-art facilities, gaining experience with unique cases that can be found nowhere else. Our world-renowned pathologists are dedicated to providing expert interpretation of tissue samples and the subtle nuances that aid in making accurate diagnoses. With aLaboratoryjob at BIDMC, you’ll be an integral part of a community where we treat our patients with the utmost respect and compassion, like our own family members and friends. This is how we make a difference in our patients’ lives, each and every day. Join us and define what aLaboratorycareer at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is to you.
Apply HereJob Description
Clinical Supervisor PathologyJob Location:Boston, MA
Employment Status:Full Time
Night shift operation and staff supervision for the chemistry, hematology, microbiology and lab control in this busy, 24/7 hospital laboratory.
Job Summary:Under direction of the Operations and Clinical Managers, a Clinical Supervisor provides leadership and oversight of specific areas of testing or support services.
- Maintains effective workflow and operations. Acts as an expert resource within an area of specialty.
- Drives Quality Improvement initiatives and seeks ways to improve performance and service.
- Recommends and prepares Standard Operating Procedures for designated area, and provides training in the area of expertise.
- Oversees scheduling and payroll. Maintains timely and effective communication and feedback to managers and employees.
- Performs and submits to Human Resources all performance assessment documentation on time so that employee morale is maintained at a high level.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 4-6 Indirect Reports: None
- Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required in Medical Laboratory or Life Sciences.
- Registration required: ASCP Registered, and Certificate 1 required: NCA Certification
- 5-8 years related work experience required and 3-5 years supervisory/management experience required
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.Preferred Qualifications:
- Supervisory experience.Competencies:
- Written Communications:Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications:Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
- Team Work:Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service:Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.