Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Director, State Operations
Other Locations: US-OH-Fairfield
Responsible for state(s) with moderate regulatory environment and competitive market. Directly accountable for state profit and loss including performance against plan. Responsible for establishing, monitoring and influencing all aspects of state growth and performance. Directs the analysis, development and management of pricing and underwriting strategies in state. Tracks and responds to changes in the market, such as regulatory issues, legislative issues, and competitive practices. Coordinates activity between Home Office departments, regional departments, and the Underwriting and Production centers. Business strategic initiatives for state(s) will determine scope of duties.
* Establishes objectives for the state in terms of growth and profitability.
* Engages regional department heads to ensure alignment and accountability regarding state business plan.
* Develops, reviews, and implements marketing strategies through the integration of the sales, service, underwriting, pricing and claims functions.
* Collaborates with regional and Home Office departments to maximize effectiveness of programs while maintaining compliance within state. Monitors the market place and identifies competitor and industry changes impacting effectiveness or compliance of current programs.
* Monitors catastrophe exposure in the state and develops appropriate strategies to manage the exposure at an acceptable level.
* Examines all relevant data and works with the cabinet to implement appropriate changes in pricing position, underwriting standards, sales growth, and claims handling.
* Manage relationship with regulatory agencies and industry organizations. Represents the company at various insurance industry meetings and committees. Communicates with DOI and assures completion of required filings.
* Works with the various distribution channels in the state to develop new business volume and quality standards and objectives, and to monitor the quality of new business sales results.
* Coordinates involvement in Market Conduct Exams.
* Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the Underwriting Manager and directs the work of the Portfolio Underwriters in order to enhance effectiveness of underwriting strategies and portfolio recommendations.
* Reviews and monitors Claims practices to maximize effectiveness while maintaining compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
* Works with Service to ensure that customer satisfaction goals are being met or exceeded cost-effectively.
Direct management responsibility for business analysts including performance, development and salary.
Directs staff in the analysis, development and presentation of pricing, marketing and underwriting strategies for the state.
Influence Sales, Claims and Service management within the state.
May include indirect management of regional support roles.
*****The Fairfield, OH office will be considered as a location for this role****
* MBA or appropriate experience with CPCU designation required.
* Highly developed quantitative analysis and decision-making skills.
* Excellent written and oral communication, analytical, influencing and leadership skills also required.
* 10 years progressively responsible work experience required with previous experience in managing a multiple states/ regional business plans including a combination of sales, service, underwriting or claims functions, preferably in Commercial lines.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
* 401K and Company paid pension plan
* Medical coverage
* Dental coverage
* Paid time-off
* Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
* Discount fitness memberships
* Flexible spending accounts
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision care coverage
* Work/Life resources
* Credit Union membership
* Employee and Dependent life insurance
* Disability insurance
* Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.
We believe that the Company's success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives everyday.
Responsibility. What's your policy?