Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Inpatient Pain Nurse Practioner (40hrs Days)
Location: Boston-Newton Pavilion
Working with all appropriate members of the health care team ensures coordination of patient care through the development and use of patient care and practice standards. Ensures that desired patient outcomes are usually achieved and that variances from established parameters are evaluated and addressed as necessary. Work to establish an inpatient pain service. Performs a wide variety of high-level patient care activities which may include admission assessment, history and physical, screen for appropriateness, standards assignment and monitoring, development of plan to address physical and psychosocial needs, review critical path progress and update team as indicated, consults around discharge planning issues, and patient/family teaching. The Clinical Service Manager is accountable for the clinical and financial outcomes of an assigned caseload.
* Graduate of an accredited baccalaureate nursing program and MSN required.
* Licensed to practice professional nursing as an Advanced Practice nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts required.
* Must have 5-7 years clinical experience including recent experience in the assigned specialty.
* Broad-based health care operational experience; ANA nurse practitioner certification and/or equivalent requiring prescription-writing authority.
* Basic Cardiac Life Support certification required.
* Expereince in an acute pain program in an adult population required.
* Demonstrated knowledge of various health systems and cost reduction strategies.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills appropriate to the patient populations served.
* Self-directed, self-starter and able to implement new programs.
* Demonstrated ability as an effective leader.
* Demonstrated ability to apply principles of adult learning to provide education to staff, physician, and auxiliary staff.
* Analytical ability to solve clinical nursing issues and conduct quality improvement and research projects.
* Organizational skills to set priorities and efficiently to complete assigned workload.