Medical Technology Jobs>Boston Medical Technology JobsMedical Technology
Apply HereJob Description
Medical Lab Tech Microbiology (MLT)Job Location:Boston, MA
Employment Status:Full Time
Job Summary:Performs laboratory tests, confirms accuracy results and reports findings to the the Pathologists and other Clinicians.
- Performs start-up, maintenance, and troubleshoots procedures on instruments and laboratory equipment per
established laboratory protocols. Performs and evaluates QC and calibration, and data entry and assessment.
- Prepares specimens for examination. Performs complex chemical, biological, hematological, immunological,
microscopic, and bacteriological tests. Uses automated equipment and instruments capable of performing tests
simultaneously. Analyzes samples for content or other properties.
- Tests for electrolytes, enzymes and drug levels in the blood. Examines blood and other fluids for normal and abnormal cells, counts cells using a microscope. Makes cultures of body fluids and tissue samples to determine the presence of bacteria, fungi, parasites, and other organisms. Types and crossmatches blood samples for transfusions and prepares products for transfusion.
- Evaluates test results, enters results into the LIS and reports results to clinicians. Ensures accuracy of test
- Participates in the evaluation of new methods, procedures and instruments. Writes technical Standard Operating
Procedures and maintains them for accuracy, and regulatory compliance under the direction of the Medical
Technologist Leader, Clinical Manager, and Pathologist. Participates in training of other staff members.
- Associate's degree required in Medical Laboratory or Life Sciences. Associate's degree preferred.
- License preferred: ASCP Registered
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
Clinical laboratory experience
Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) Certification
Written Communications:Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work:Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service:Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus