Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Senior Tax Accountant
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Insurance''s highly integrated tax organization provides a collegial framework to achieve results. As a Tax professional, you will contribute across all the key components of tax including compliance & financial reporting, planning & research, and audits. You will be exposed to an array of federal, international, and state tax issues, as well as strategies surrounding merger and acquisition transactions.
* Develop general corporate tax technical expertise as well as specialized tax knowledge. Perform research and provide memoranda supporting tax positions.
* Ensure timely and accurate filing of tax returns, including quarterly estimates. Recommend and implement processes that improve the efficiency and accuracy of compliance related activities.
* Respond to complex inquiries from business units and taxing authorities. Partner with business units and other departments within Corporate Financial to ensure the accuracy of tax returns and financial statement balances.
* Assist with tax controversies, including: responding to information document requests; anticipating future controversy issues; and evaluating the impact of proposed adjustments on the Company''s current and future operations.
* For supervisory position: supervise assigned staff to ensure adherence to deadlines, policies, etc. Responsible for establishing goals and objectives to be achieved, as well as preparation of performance reviews. Provide training and developmental opportunities to motivate staff. Provide hiring recommendations on candidates, and provide input to compensation recommendations for current staff.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or equivalent training
* 1-10 years of taxation experience
* CPA and/or Masters in Taxation and prior experience leading projects preferred
* Solid communication skills
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
* 401K and Company paid pension plan
* Medical coverage
* Dental coverage
* Paid time-off
* Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
* Discount fitness memberships
* Flexible spending accounts
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision care coverage
* Work/Life resources
* Credit Union membership
* Employee and Dependent life insurance
* Disability insurance
* Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.
We believe that the Company''s success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives everyday.
Responsibility. What''s your policy?Finance & Accounting