Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Physical Therapist Assistant
Department: Physical Therapy
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Day Shift
Job Details: - High school diploma or equivalent required
- Experience preferred
- Experience with special needs preferred
SUMMARY:Provides physical therapy treatment, teaching and consultation for infant, toddler, latent, and adolescents in a variety of program settings including school and inpatient.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following.Other duties may be assigned.
Assists the physical therapists in the patient evaluation/discharge.
Demonstrates proficiency in treatment techniques for all age groups in between 0 and 21 years.
Implements the patient's physical therapy program.
Observes and documents all pertinent patient information.Reports information to primary physical therapist and clinical treatment as needed.
Participates, with physical therapist, in the development of the education plan.
Participates in all patient related, departmental, and program specific meetings.Provides education session to staff, students, Hospital employees and the community.
Successfully completes Hospital and department specific orientation and ongoing mandatory education requirements.
Lifts up to 40 pounds, without assistance, using safe body mechanics. Lifts and transports patients and their equipment, weighing up to 200 pounds using safe body mechanics, assistance and/or mechanical devises.
Provides continuity of care in emergency situations.Floats to other units as directed by Supervisor.
Demonstrates correct use of all necessary treatment materials and equipment.
Participates in department quality assurance efforts.
Other essential duties may be assigned as necessary to the operation of the department.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Associates Degree from an accredited program in Physical Therapy Assistance education is required
* Minimum of one year of related experience preferred
* Knowledge of basic treatments and procedures in patient care required
* Knowledge of basic principles of handling and assistive devices and adaptive equipment required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
* Current licensure as a Physical Therapy Assistant granted by theCommonwealthofMassachusetts
* Current CPR certification must be maintained during employment
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to provide compassionate care to patients and families
* Ability to communicate effectively with other team members
* Accepts specific non-treatment related duties within the department
* Maintains a safe and orderly work environment
* Demonstrates knowledge of impact of normal and abnormal developmental age of patient care and safety for infant, toddler, latency, adolescents and young adults