Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Code 13-0197
Title Assistant Vice President, Fulfillment Center Operations
Are you ready to explore the corporate side of retail? The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in the U.S. and worldwide, operating four major divisions -- Marmaxx (T.J. Maxx and Marshalls) and HomeGoods in the United States; TJX Canada (Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls); and TJX Europe (T.K. Maxx and HomeSense). With over $23 billion in revenues in 2011, more than 2,900 stores, and approximately 168,000 Associates, success is always in style at TJX. We at TJX understand that both our customers and the talent pool from which our Associates come are increasingly diverse. Our core values of respect, integrity and fairness are inherent in the relationships we build with each other, our vendors and our customers. We are committed to leveraging the differences among our Associates and customers to create both a diversified mix of talent within TJX and a diversified mix of merchandise within our stores. We consider the unique views and opinions of our Associates to be key to our growth and success in the future.
Description Assistant Vice President, Fulfillment Center Operations
Working from our corporate headquarters in Framingham, MA and fulfillment center location, this role will provide business management leadership, analysis, oversight and discipline across our fulfillment center at both the tactical and strategic level. This position will work in conjunction with various departments to ensure that the customer receives a first rate experience shopping on our site.
This position will require 50% travel.
* Manage (3PL) client relationship by becoming an extension of the 3PL business team. Build strong rapport with clients including managing relationship, SLA execution, contract adherence, expectation setting, and status communications.
* Manage relationships with vendors to achieve objectives and implement new business policies and projects in a timely and efficient manner.
* Develop close working relationships with Home Office departments to ensure overall customer satisfaction and site efficiency. Act as the lead for logistics shared services in the areas of Inbound Transportation, Inbound Logistics, Imports & Trade Compliance, Vendor Compliance, Payables and Transportation Spend Budgeting and Forecasting.
* Management of overall fulfillment center operations including but not limited to cycle count results, quality metric, problematic vendors, reporting needs, key initiatives and day-to-day operations.
* Evaluate, measure and refine processes and systems to improve service, quality and efficiency. Improve customer satisfaction through improved service levels and quality.
* Ensure timely problem resolution to ensure efficient and effective fulfillment and return processes.
* Constantly review best in class distribution methods and reflect these in the adoption of new equipment, processes & working practices.
* Responsible for all variable and fixed expenses, supplies, turnover, quality, and review and approval of facility design and material handling equipment.
* Work with Finance to provide overall financial and staffing plans, budgets and analysis
* Manages staff and develops them for future growth within the department and organization.
* Coaches staff on performance and professional development issues.
* Motivates staff to achieve efficiency and productivity.
* Conducts performance appraisals, interviews and discipline/documentation as needed.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA & Six Sigma is preferred.
* 8+ years Distribution Center experience with high transaction Direct to Consumer Fulfillment experience preferred.
* eCommerce experience strongly preferred
* Proven ability in scaling operations in a high growth environment
* Ability to build strong long term relationships with vendors, suppliers and team members. Strong communication skills – ability to influence and negotiate at various levels throughout the organization.
* Ability to perform complex business analysis and decision making
* Excellent team leadership and project management skills. Must have leadership style that promotes collaboration, teamwork and innovation.
* Excellent supply chain, logistics, forecasting and inventory management skills
* Solid understanding of business financial management (budgets, profit and loss, forecasting, etc)
* Demonstrated leadership ability and strength building external/internal partnerships.
* Well-developed oral and written communication skills sufficient to influence, persuade and negotiate at all levels both within and outside of the organization.
What's In It For You?
At the TJX Companies, Inc., conveniently located directly off both the Mass Pike and Route 9, you'll not
only enjoy the security of working for a stable and profitable industry leader, but you'll also enjoy the benefits
that go along with it, such as: Medical/Dental/Life insurance, a Dependent Care Spending Account,
Associate Discounts and a Savings/Profit Sharing 401(k) Plan.
Click Herefor a full list of the benefits of working for The TJX Companies, Inc.
TJX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.