Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Code 12-3292
Title AVP, Technical Services Director
Are you ready to explore the corporate side of retail? The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in the U.S. and worldwide, operating four major divisions -- Marmaxx (T.J. Maxx and Marshalls) and HomeGoods in the United States; TJX Canada (Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls); and TJX Europe (T.K. Maxx and HomeSense). With over $23 billion in revenues in 2011, more than 2,900 stores, and approximately 168,000 Associates, success is always in style at TJX. We at TJX understand that both our customers and the talent pool from which our Associates come are increasingly diverse. Our core values of respect, integrity and fairness are inherent in the relationships we build with each other, our vendors and our customers. We are committed to leveraging the differences among our Associates and customers to create both a diversified mix of talent within TJX and a diversified mix of merchandise within our stores. We consider the unique views and opinions of our Associates to be key to our growth and success in the future.
Description AVP, Technical Services Director
This AVP, Technical Services role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the Infrastructure (Servers/Storage/San) Department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. Additionally, there will be the need to attend meetings and interact with Network Services, Service Desk, Mobility, DBA, Security, Applications Development, Architecture Teams, Internal and External Customers and Vendors. This position will be responsible to plan, coordinate, direct, and design Infrastructure-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The AVP, Technical Services will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This person will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices as well as build, mentor, and lead teams within the Technical Services group.
The successful candidate will have a broad technical background but, more importantly, will be a strong operational executive as well as strong leader and builder of high performance teams. The ability to build strong relationships throughout the IT Organization is vital to the success of this position.
* Build, mentor and lead teams in the Technical Services group
* Support the growth and development of team members and leaders.
* Develop wants/needs for the annual budgeting process in Server, Storage, SAN, technologies and presents to senior IT management.
* Determine staffing and skills requirements.
* Oversee the design, implementation and support of the global Server, Storage, SAN infrastructure to meet growth, service reliability requirements, and problem management.
* Lead IT Department operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
* Facilitate and oversee the annual budget process for Technical Services group.
* Acquire qualified and productive talent.
* Guide and oversee The TJX Companies’ standards for technology deployment.
* Guide and oversee departmental processes and procedures in support of team goals.
* Develop and maintain collaborative relationships across all IT departments.
* Benchmark, analyze report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
* Manage financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
* Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
* Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
* Develop requests for proposal.
* Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
* 12+ years IT experience (8 years VMware, Citrix, Active Directory, Clustering EMC Storage/Replication Technologies).
* 5+ years management experience with proven success in building and leading complex technical groups.
* Experience leading $1M+ projects preferred.
* 6+ years experience leading team-based activities.
* Significant experience creating and delivering performance appraisals.
* Expert generating advanced activity status and metrics reports.
* Demonstrated leadership ability.
* Excellent verbal and written communications.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Highly responsive and alert to new learning opportunities, growth and development of technical, interpersonal and business skills.
* Motivated and competent to develop objectives and timelines to accomplish goals.
* Attentive to detail with focus on multitasking and the application of resources required to achieve goals.
* Well organized and able to manage multiple and changing priorities.
* Excellent customer service orientation
* Strong individual contributor and team player among peers, management, clients and vendors.
* Able to bring out the best in your organization and others
* Flexibility, able to adapt to change and embrace it.
* Excellent people skills.
What's In It For You?
At the TJX Companies, Inc., conveniently located directly off both the Mass Pike and Route 9, you'll not
only enjoy the security of working for a stable and profitable industry leader, but you'll also enjoy the benefits
that go along with it, such as: Medical/Dental/Life insurance, a Dependent Care Spending Account,
Associate Discounts and a Savings/Profit Sharing 401(k) Plan.
Click Herefor a full list of the benefits of working for The TJX Companies, Inc.
TJX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.