Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Lead or Senior Risk Analyst
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Description :
The Senior Risk Analyst identifies, develops, evaluates and implements market and credit risk management solutions, processes and analytics for ISO New England. The role is focused on developing and implementing new collateral requirements and building and maintaining models to evaluate the performance of established collateral requirements. The Sr. Analyst applies theoretical and practical knowledge to the selection and development of data and mathematical models to price market and credit risk in the electricity market context. Analysis and recommendations are delivered as reports (both written and oral) that clearly explain, without technical jargon, the performance of the margining rules, the deficiencies (if any) in margining rules, and the benefits of any proposed changes.
Job Requirements :
· 5+ years experience as a quantitative risk analyst pricing non-standard risks
· Expert knowledge of credit/market risk principles and practices as well as energy commodity market dynamics
· Solid experience building and validating risk pricing models, including reviewing model assumptions, verifying the formulation, conducting analysis, developing models to perform testing, and writing validation reports
· Expert knowledge of market and credit risk measurement techniques, e.g., VaR, historical simulation, Monte Carlo simulation, stress testing
· Analytical capability to track inherent risk and link it to the quality of risk management practices toward identifying firm-specific vulnerabilities
· Strong communication and presentation skills with an ability to explain complicated ideas in a simple manner
· Detail-oriented, proactive and must be a motivated team player
· Proficiency in Excel and Power point. Skill in other programming languages and SQL, Matlab or other quantitative programming platform required
· Experience modeling electricity market products (Desired)
For the Lead role, previous supervisory experience required
Education: Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Applied Mathematics
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
We are an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer
This position is located in Holyoke, MA.
Education :Master's Degree