Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Money, Money Money - So Important You Have to Sing It Three Times
You know money. You have hung out with money and money trusts you. And we need someone we can trust with money. Here's our proposal: we will make unique, interesting stuff that people want. You will handle the money and tell us what money is saying to you and we listen to you and everyone will make more money and we will get to make more unique things because of you. That's the equation.
Role Summary: As a Senior Cost Planning Financial Analyst at Converse, you will be responsible for driving cross-functional partnerships to ensure that materials and processes for product creation are addressed in the most cost effective manner, with goal of improving financial margins.
- Works with developers, category team, and costing team to review and interpret factory cost breakdown and its impact on the total weighted margin.
- Help set seasonal product margin targets by category, and report progress throughout product development cycle.
- Perform scenario analysis regarding materials, component, technology, and productivity, to help the team achieve target gross price margin per season according to the seasonal critical dates.
- Review historical information and models to prepare and present information to the category team and costing counterpart to help establish FOB and factory negotiation.
- Effectively communicate pertinent costing model information to the category and costing organization. Including FOB confirmation and tracking progress against key deadlines and metrics: FOB Target vs. Actual FOB, FOB on time.
- Other ad hoc reporting, analysis.
Requirements of this position include:
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 5-8 years directly relevant work experience, with of 3-5 year in cost or lean accounting, manufacturing, production, engineering, or footwear product creation. Footwear experience highly preferred.
- Interacts well with diverse network of global business partners
- Desire to drive efficiency, process improvement, and to enhance understanding of business drivers
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with FlexPLM, Business Objects, and SAP a plus