Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Location Quincy MA
Job Title Senior Data Scientist
Drive your career and work with top technical talent who are always striving to stay ahead of the curve. With opportunities to work on a mixture of technologies and projects you’ll be involved in calling the shots on the next great opportunity. Bring your “A” game and consider joining a dynamic company where innovation leads the way.
The Senior Data Scientist will perform statistical analysis, data modeling, and predictive analysis. As a key member of the technical team, you will leverage your statistical and business expertise to translate business questions into data analysis and models and present the results to a wide range of stakeholders. You will be working with large (100 terabytes+) of structured and unstructured data sets and working service and product teams to test hypothesis and develop analytics to deliver new business insight. Collaborate with the engineering team to select and launch analysis on production systems using Hadoop and other frameworks for analysis and prediction. You will be writing data manipulation scripts in the scripting language of your choice (Python, Perl, bash, etc). Define and develop data mining and machine learning algorithms for advanced analysis and prediction. You will utilize your strong communication skills working with decision makers who need empirical data to drive service and product offerings that will have a huge impact on the business.
* 4+ years relevant experience as described above with a solid background in statistical analysis.
* Exposure to the Hadoop ecosystem (Hadoop, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Cascalog, etc).
* Functional knowledge of at least one scripting languages (python, Perl, etc).
* Experience with Matlab, R , or Weka.
* Some knowledge and experience with predictive modeling including: Multivariate Regression, Logistic Regression, Bagging, Boosting, Decision Trees, and Time Series Analysis.
* Some experience in Optimization and Stochastic Processes.
* Proficient with visualization tools such as Tableau, Polymaps, and Excel.
* Strong communication and presentation skills – you must be able to explain and present hypotheses and analysis results to a wide audience in a clear and concise manner.
* U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for some projects in which case, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment.
* Master’s of Science or PhD degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, or Computer Science.
* Ability to travel up to 25%.
* No preferences specified
The ART group of ViaSat, Inc. is just off the Red Line south of Boston and has the feel of a smaller entrepreneurial organization with all the benefits of a large company. We are committed to the growth and technical development of our engineers and this is a place for you to thrive technically and professionally.
Are you ready to start on your new path to a fulfilling career at ViaSat? It only takes a few minutes to apply and we look forward to hearing from you. Are you ready to join an industry leader? Then submit your resume. It only takes a few minutes and could start you on your new path to a fulfilling career at ViaSat. We look forward to hearing from you.
** ViaSat is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for certain positions. For positions requiring U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment.