Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Manager, Human Resources
Data Management: Human Resources
Location: Smithfield RI
Job Code: 918
Manager, Human Resources
Human Resources Senior Manager
Supporting primary client groups in Cambridge, MA and Montreal, Canada and secondary site support for Smithfield, RI and Cheshire, CT
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients with severe and ultra-rare disorders through the innovation, development and commercialization of life-transforming therapeutic products. Alexion is the global leader in complement inhibition, and has developed and markets Soliris® (eculizumab) as a treatment for patients with PNH and aHUS, two debilitating, ultra-rare and life-threatening disorders caused by chronic uncontrolled complement activation. Soliris is currently approved in more than 35 countries for the treatment of PNH, and in the United States for the treatment of aHUS. Alexion is evaluating other potential indications for Soliris and is pursuing development of other innovative biotechnology product candidates in early stages of development. This press release and further information about Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. can be found at:www.alexionpharma.com.
The Manager, Human Resources will have responsibility for partnering with the business to ensure the implementation of a world-class HR capability in support of our aspiration to be “The most talented biopharmaceutical company…anywhere in the world.” This position will partner with R&D client groups primarily in Cambridge, MA and Montreal Canada and will assist with implementation of programs for R&D at the Smithfield, Rhode Island and Cheshire, CT sites.
* In support of our global growth strategy, ensure Alexion’s capability to identify, attract, develop, retain and leverage the right talent.
* Provide coaching, counsel and HR support to Business Line Management and Employees at sites located in Cambridge, MA and Montreal, Canada.
* Provide HR generalist support, including employee relations support.
* Assist with the roll out of training across multiple sites (Cambridge, Montreal, Rhode Island and Cheshire)
* Assist with the implementation of global HR programs across multiple sites (Cambridge, Montreal, Rhode Island and Cheshire)
* Work closely with leadership to assess existing talent.
* Actively participate as a member of the HR team in the development and implementation of global initiatives that meet the needs of the growing business
* Approx. 30% Travel required.
* 8-10 years’ HR experience with at least 3 years’ in a global organization.
* Proven ability to thrive and create value in a highly complex globally-matrixed organization.
* Must have functional depth in talent acquisition, development and change management.
* Must have a proven ability to train in HR areas of focus (example: performance management, talent management, use of competencies, etc).
* A proven track record as a mentor/coach to teams at all levels (including Senior Level teams).
* Knows how to influence and lead in a complex scientific environment.
* Ability to build effective and constructive working relationships both inside and outside of HR to deliver an integrated HR capability.
* Has personally taken the initiative to obtain HR-related certifications in support of client needs and is current on HR-related research.
* Experience with Lominger or other competency-based tools preferred
* BS/BA or equivalent required with Master’s degree preferred.
* Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
* Presentation skills
* Influencing skills
* Conflict Management Skills
* Strong training skills
* MS Office Expertise
* SAP experience a plus
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more.
Alexion is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative action employee