Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Division :The Yankee Candle Company, Inc
Location :South Deerfield MA US 01373
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education :Bachelor's Degree
Category :Sales/Retail/Business Development
Job Description :
Position Title: Category Manager
The Category Manager is responsible to develop and execute strategies for driving sales, margin and competitive differentiation in candle, accessories, home fragrance, car and other Yankee Candle product categories. The successful candidate will collaborate with retail field teams and key internal departments (Brand, Marketing, Innovation, Planning, Finance, Visual, Consumer Insights and Supply Chain) on best practice plan-o-grams, distribution priorities and category selling platforms. In specific:
* Develop an effective business plan for each assigned category to achieve budgeted goals in sales, margin, operating profit, customer purchases, repurchase, retention and customer satisfaction.
* Analyze and recommend actions to course correct in category items by performing detailed analysis utilizing Sale/POS data, forecast, inventory turns, store placement, shelf placement, pricing as well as individual and regional store locations, etc.
* Develop effective promotional strategies and associated planning efforts based on analysis needed to increase incremental sales and profit dollars on promotions in conjunction with appropriate brand strategies and marketing.
* Communicate strategy and best practices internally and externally to Retail Corporate and Field Teams.
* Participate in all new item launches and SKU optimization projects for appropriate product categories.
* Perform standard category management practices; shelf management, promotion planning analysis, pricing strategy/analysis and business development projects.
* Support Corporate (Retail and Wholesale) efforts to optimize promotional spending and merchandise/assortment planning through control group testing.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing or related experience required.
* 3-5 years previous CPG category management experience preferred.
* Strong business acumen; proficient in understanding analytics and other measurement tools required for targeted actions.
* Exceptional analytical skills, solid planning and organizational skills as well as superb communication skills, including strong writing and presentation skills.
* Excellent computer/technical and data mining skills as well as exceptional critical thinking skills.
Flexibility in work schedule required, including the ability to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays as needs require.
This position is subject to a criminal background check and potentially and an education verification as part of the application process. At the time of interview, internal and external applicants will be required to sign a release authorizing the company to conduct criminal background check and/or education verification.
The Yankee CandleCompany, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law. EOE/M/F/D/V
The Yankee Candle Company, Inc. is the leading designer, manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer of premium scented candles, based on sales, in the giftware industry.Employing approximately 6,000 people world-wide (as of December 31, 2012), Yankee Candle (Headquartered in South Deerfield, Massachusetts)has a 43-year history of offering distinctive products and marketing them as affordable luxuries and consumable gifts,with sales from continuing operations of $844.2 million dollars in fiscal year 2012.Having earned a reputation for superior, long-lasting fragrance quality, Yankee Candle is America’s trusted choice for fragrance.
The Company sells its products through a North American wholesale customer network of approximately 27,800 store locations, a growing base of Company owned and operated retail stores (568 Yankee Candle Stores located in 46 states and 1 province in Canada as of December 31, 2012), direct mail catalogs, and its Internet website (www.yankeecandle.com). Outside of North America, the Company sells its products primarily through its subsidiary, Yankee Candle Company (Europe), Ltd., which has an international wholesale customer network of approximately 5,900 store locations and distributors covering a combined 55 countries.
A key contributor to our success has been our vertically integrated business model, which enables us to control most every aspect of our business, from product development to manufacturing to distribution to marketing and sales. This structure allows us to consistently provide high quality and innovative products, deliver them in a timely and efficient manner to customers all over the world and provide excellent customer service. The power of the Yankee Candle® brand and our dedicated and talented employee base truly set us apart from our competitors.
Our one-of-a-kind Flagship Store in South Deerfield, MA is the world’s largest candle and Christmas store, containing approximately 90,000 square feet of retail and entertainment space, and has been ranked as one of the most popular tourist attractions in Massachusetts.