Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Posted Date 12/14/2012
Cost Center 215
Category Quality Assurance
Apply for this job:
Your application choices are:
* Apply for this jobonlineIf you would like to include a cover letter, please be sure combine your cover letter and resume into one document.
More information about this job:
About the Job
We are seeking an experienced software quality assurance engineer with proven leadership and automation skills to work with the engineering and quality teams to build system-level test automation and execute automated and manual tests. The candidate will work primarily with engineers to provide SQA for kernel development. An ideal candidate will have distributed system testing experience, strong analytical abilities, excellent teamwork and communication skills, and the ability to design, implement, maintain and extend effective system test automation solutions.
About the Team
The Server Platforms team develops and supports communications and the data collection infrastructure for Akamai's distributed platform. This infrastructure is comprised of a kernel, an operating system, and a series of core components which serve as a baseline for the rest of the Akamai networks. These systems distribute configuration data, control information, and customer traffic to Akamai's distributed servers. They also publish, aggregate, and deliver internal system and customer data for use by internal and customer-facing monitoring, alerting, and reporting applications. These systems are among the largest in the world, which brings unique engineering challenges for developing distributed, scalable, and fault-tolerant systems.
* In-depth understanding of the SQA life-cycle from functional requirements gathering to the design and execution of automated and manual system level tests.
* Design testing tools which includes developing scripts to enhance regression testing and feature testing.
* Perform and participate in all aspects of verification including requirements gathering, feature and functional testing, unit testing, regression, load and performance testing.
* Support and maintain the testnet infrastructure using either real hardware or virtual machines.
* Develop creative and thorough analyses to identify root causes of technical problems while developing resolutions.
* Design, develop, and deploy automated system tests to replicate real-world scenarios.
* Qualify new hardware for Akamai’s Linux systems.
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical area.
* 5+ years work experience developing scripts and test automation with a scripting language (such as Perl or Python).
* 5+ years of experience with C or C++.
* 3+ years of experience developing test plans for both functional and performance testing.
* 5+ years experience using the Unix/Linux kernel.
* 3+ years experience with routing protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, etc.
* Experience supporting testing activities for multiple applications/releases.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Experience with testing large scale, distributed network systems.
* Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
* Experience with proxy servers, web servers, and caching technologies is a plus.
* Competence and self-motivation in analyzing problems and getting to the root cause.
* Ability to review bug descriptions, functional requirements, design documents and code.
* Ability working closely with developers to design test criteria and develop test plans.
* Strong understanding of QA life cycle: requirements gathering, testing definition, QA methodologies, and test execution.
* Knowledge of the Linux and its testing.
* Experience with commonly available testing packages.
* Experience with the use of virtual machines in testing.
* Is relocation available for this position: Yes
* Is US Citizenship required: No
* Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
No one carries more of the world's Web traffic than Akamai, so working with Akamai means you’re helping some of the world’s best known brands succeed in bringing any experience to any device, anywhere. Cloud computing, SaaS, eCommerce, online entertainment and dynamic personalized experiences are all fueled by Akamai technology. Join Akamai and you join a culture that’s extremely intelligent, strongly supportive and passionately committed to delivering world-class solutions. Some of the best minds in business, mathematics, and engineering work at Akamai – leading, learning and shaping the future of the Internet.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply?Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.